VASCULAR NURSING WEEK
Vascular Nurses Week is June 7-13, 2015. This year SVN has launched its Dare to Make a Difference Campaign in conjunction with this special event. The campaign focus is to promote vascular nursing, enhance the profession and celebrate the work that you do.
Commit to the campaign by submitting a personal pledge statement surrounding one thing you hope to accomplish to advance the work of vascular nursing to Ana Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pledge statements will be posted on SVN's social media sites throughout the week of June 7-13.
Suggested Activities for Vascular Nurses Week
* Obtain a proclamation from the mayor of your town proclaiming June 7-13, 2015 as National Vascular Nurses Week.
* Develop a calendar of events.
* Plan to honor your colleagues with a recognition award (certificate or plaque).
* Solicit nominations for a special recognition and present the nominee with a plaque during a reception or dinner.
* Plan a special celebration lunch to network with your colleagues.
* Design a special poster that highlights the role of the vascular nurse and display at local hospitals or libraries.
* Invite local government officials to planned events.
* Write articles or letters to the editor about current nursing or healthcare topics affecting patients with vascular diseases.
* Ask local radio stations to make announcements during National Vascular Nurses Week.
* Use TV, radio, and newspaper community bulletin boards to announce your activities.
* Host a fundraiser (e.g., walk-a-thon) and donate the money to the Judith Troyer Caudle Memorial fund.
* Order and distribute the SVN patient education booklets and tear off sheets.
Work with your local SVN Chapter or your unit staff and Form a local Vascular Nurses Week Planning Committee. If possible, solicit volunteers from several local facilities. Designate a media liaison from the Planning Committee. This individual will be responsible for notifying the news media of the planned activities. This individual should be willing to discuss current issues with the media, write press releases, and send thank you letters (e.g., mayor thanking him/her for proclamation, officials attending reception, media).Dare to Make a Difference and get involved today!